Home Cricket Aakash Chopra tips South Africa to win Test series

Aakash Chopra tips South Africa to win Test series

42
0

Former Indian cricketer and renowned cricket Analyst Aakash Chopra has made his prediction and believes that South Africa has the likelihood of winning the test series. During his prediction, he credited South Africa with a 51% chance and 49% chance to India to win the series.

It is no doubt that the Indian team over the years has struggled in South Africa. During the 2010 – 11 tour, Team India managed to draw the series owing to performances from Sachin and Dravid. However, since 1992, India has toured SA seven times and the batsman always had a tough time there. Although India lost the 2018 series, they put a spirited performance back then.

The pitches in South Africa are often termed as the mix of English and Australian pitches as they offer not only swing and seam but extra bounce also. From the Indian Subcontinent, only Sri Lanka has managed to defeat SouthAfrica in 2018 – 19.

Source: – Aakash Chopra Youtube Channel

The biggest concern for India would be the form of Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane who have not been able to perform well for the last two years. Indian team is also without Rohit Sharma and K L Rahul therefore will open the batting with Mayank Agarwal. Kagiso Rabada, Anirich Nortje, and Keshav Maharaj have been the pick of the bowlers for South Africa in the last two years with 30, 46, and 29 wickets respectively but Nortje has been ruled out of the series due to an injury whereas Quinton De Kock is unlikely to be available from the third test match as he is expecting the arrival of the baby around the 8th of January.

The series will start on Boxing day. The matches would be broadcasted by the Start Sports network and the Disney Hotstar app. The match will be played without the spectators due to the Omicron scare.

Previous article“Not trying to change too much”: Rahul Dravid on being appointed coach of India
Next articleEngland drops Broad, overhaul nearly half of side

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here